Over the weekend, I was trying to think of something to bring to a potluck, and I remembered seeing this fun video on Facebook by Delish about cheesy pull-apart bread. It seemed simple enough, and, considering life is getting busier as we’re getting close to the holidays, I didn’t have much time to cook up something completely from scratch. I knew the recipe from the video would be good but could work with a few adjustments, so I added a little extra yum (aka GARLIC) to it. Sometimes you just need a little inspiration!
If you’re looking for something quick and festive to make for your next holiday party, this dish should do the trick. It’s easy-to-make, definitely shareable, and only requires a few ingredients. Even more fun is that you can re-arrange the pieces to make any shape you’d like, so you can really make this for any occasion! I found it to be such a lifesaver that I had to share.
If you decide to make this for your upcoming holiday festivities, make sure you serve it hot so you can enjoy that stretchy, cheesy goodness. Enjoy!
1 Pillsbury Pizza Crust package
1 egg wash (egg whisked with 1 tbsp water)
3 large cloves of garlic
8 mozzarella sticks
1 tbsp garlic salt
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
1 tbsp basil, dried or fresh
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly butter your baking tray.
2. Cut each of the mozzarella sticks into 4 pieces. You should have 32 pieces total.
3. Open up the pizza crust package and unravel. Cut it into 32 pieces. I find it easiest to cut it evenly in half and then creating rows of 4 with the 2 sheets.
7. Once your tree is complete, take your egg wash and add one clove of minced garlic to it. I used a garlic press which brings out some of the extra juices (I love my garlic press). Mix well then brush it over your tree.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.
I obviously used a lot of parmesan for that extra cheesiness, but you can definitely adjust to your taste. Also, you will likely end up with extra parmesan/butter/garlic mixture – keep it to make some quick, yummy garlic toast for your next meal 🙂